Sunday, June 3, 2007

Random

Once when I was about 5, I decided that no one appreciated me so I was going to run away from home. I packed up all my money, which was some change that I put into a little coin purse, said good-bye to my poodle Pepe and slipped out of the back yard gate. I walked all the way around the block and started having second thoughts about being on my own. I crept back in the gate went back into the house and found out no one had even missed me. I never told anyone either.

April and Cheryl liked to put on little shows for the family. I recall one show where Cheryl was a bumbling magician (on purpose) the things she hid up her sleeve for her stunts would fall out, she'd drop things, etc. I thought it was hilarious.
My sisters made me dress up as a little Indian girl. I was to sing and dance. They made me a costume out of newspaper. When my big moment came, I stepped out in my costume and began my act as they had rehearsed me to do. All of a sudden my outfit fell off. I was embarrassed.

We lived in a neighborhood where every one's backyard was surrounded by tall fences. If you peeked between the redwood slates, you could see into at least 3 other backyards. Dad was quite the gardener. He had mums, roses and other flowers planted out back. I remember helping to water them. One hot day, my sisters saw that I could make a 'fan' out of newspaper. Boy did they flatter me about my skill. Pretty soon I had made two fans, one for each of them. Before I knew it they had me fanning them both while they were sun bathing!

1 comment:

Autie Carlisle said...

Hey Mummsie! I love your little writings. You sound like such a cute little girl. You are still. I want to give you a hug! P.s. you can check out Tim's blog site (you inspired him) at www.adrybraininadryseason.blogspot.com